0


  • Jose Mourinho reacts to a penalty decision in the first half at Old Trafford

    • United boss Mourinho never lost a league or cup game to the Gunners during his time as Chelsea manager, but he spoke as if that fine personal record against Arsene Wenger's men had been damaged.
      Speaking in his post-match press conference, Mourinho said: "Arsenal was the game today, a big team, and we dominated so easily. It is very frustrating.

      "I have nothing to say against my players, but I feel sorry for them because we feel like a defeat and, for sure, Arsenal is feeling like a victory."

      Substitute Olivier Giroud headed an 89th-minute equaliser as the Gunners snatched a Premier League point with a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford.

      To emphasise this point, when Mourinho came to the end of his press conference, he left the room saying,
       "Finally I lost against Arsenal. That is the feeling I take home. Finally I lost against Arsenal."
      Earlier he had been asked how he explained the result and simply said: "I don't."

      He added: "I can only explain the work my team did - amazing control of a team that is very good, a team that normally produces very good attacking football was completely controlled.

      "When we lost the ball, our reaction to that moment was amazingly good, so aggressive, so intense we didn't give them chances to build from the back.

      "When we had the ball, we produced good football, we produced good chances. We should have scored before the 1-0, we should have scored after the 1-0 and we should win the game comfortably."

      Mourinho added: "We all know inside, internally, that in this moment that we are the unlucky team in the Premier League. We know that.

      Post a Comment

       
      Top