0

Rooney was reported by The Sun to have been up until the early hours last Sunday at a wedding in The Grove hotel, leading the forward to "unreservedly" apologise to interim boss Gareth Southgate, the Football Association and young fans.

FA chief executive Martin Glenn has promised a "proper investigation as to what went on", and Rooney has now expressed his anger at the way things have played out.

The 31-year-old has dominated the headlines since pictures emerged showing the Three Lions skipper, complete in training kit, looking the worse for wear during the international break.

"It feels as if the media are trying to write my obituary and I won't let that happen," Rooney said.
"I love playing for my country and I am proud of my achievements to date - but I have not finished yet."

Rooney added "what's been going on is disgraceful", saying the treatment shows "a lack of respect" and that "enough is enough".

Post a Comment

 
Top