0

Chelsea captain, John Terry is considering to accept the one-year contract offered by the West London club, as he cancelled plans to hire the pitch at Stamford Bridge for a farewell party.

Chelsea had waived the £22,000 fee for the bash which had been scheduled for Monday when the plans were put in place before the club made the offer of a one-year extension to Terry’s contract which is about to expire. The 35-year-old had been resigned to moving on and has a lucrative offer from China but is now considering the offer made by Chelsea last week to stay at the club for another one-year.

It will be reduced terms, based heavily on incentives and Terry revealed on Friday that it was a slightly different role. Fans sang ‘We want you to stay’ after the 1-1 draw against Leicester on Sunday. It was the final game of the season and Terry was unable to play due to a red card he received at Sunderland.

He spoke to the supporters after the match and told them he wanted to stay and that he would continue talks with the club. ‘We all want the same,’ said Terry. ‘I’ve said for a long time I want to finish my career here. I’ll be speaking to the club over the next few days.

“I want to stay; the club knows that, the fans know that. I want to stay. Chelsea is my life, as it is yours. The best moments of my life have been in this stadium. You’ve been a big part of that.”

Credit: saharareporters

Post a Comment

 
Top